Our bestselling Cork Yoga Mat. Made from renewable cork + natural tree rubber. 100% biodegradable, including the packaging. Trees planted for every piece. Carbon neutral + planet kind. Designed to support your body and our planet.
Because there's no layer of separation between you and your mat. What are you really practicing on? No PVC, no PER, no TPE, no toxic plastic cocktails here.
"Perfect Grip! Best Mat! I have been practicing yoga for almost 15 years, have tried Manduka, Liforme, Jade, and the Ananday is my favorite. I love that it is sustainable. Definitely recommend!" — Maria
"Best. Mat. Ever. Totally non-slip for sweaty hot yoga, supports sensitive knees (I often have to use a blanket for the knees, but not with this mat), great thickness, beautiful, well-made, biodegradable... I've tried so many mats, and this one is undoubtedly my favorite. Love at first use. Using these mats for the rest of my life!" — Anton"Finally, a yoga mat where my hands don't slip! I've had a hard time finding a yoga mat where my sweaty hands don't slide but this cork yoga mat did the trick!" — Nik
- Why cork?
- End of life
- Happiness guarantee
- 72" x 24" x 4mm | 6.4 lbs
- renewable cork + natural tree rubber
- natural, non-toxic, plastic-free
- non-slip and sweat resistant
- unmatched comfort + support to keep joints happy and healthy
- antimicrobial — goodbye funky smells
- reversible — flip to the rubber side for extra traction
- 100% biodegradable (including the packaging — learn how we pack)
- 10 trees planted for every mat
- carbon neutral + planet kind
*traction tip — spray water around hands and feet before practice for extra grip
*advanced tip — if you're practicing inversions like forearm stands and handstands and want to maximize traction, flip the mat over
- Cork releases an organic grip-enhancing substance when wet so it gets even more grippy with sweat — no towel necessary!
- It's made from tree bark, which forms to protect trees, so is naturally antimicrobial, removing bacteria, odors and other funky stuff. Earthy and freshhh day in, day out!
- Cork is one of the most earth-friendly materials out there. No trees are cut down during harvest. The bark is collected entirely by hand every 9 years and regenerates itself. Cork oak trees can live up to 200 years and a harvested cork oak tree absorbs up to 5x more CO2 than one that isn’t cultivated. Cork trees support some of the world’s most biodiverse forests.
- Practicing on materials from the earth is grounding. Our hands and feet have marma points or energy pathways. Practicing barefoot (and barehand) connects us with the planet's subtle energy. Grounding balances biological rhythms, calms the nervous system, and helps our body heal. It's nature doing its thing. Yes please.
- Roll your mat up loosely, careful to not fold or crease
- Thanks to the antimicrobial properties of cork, this mat naturally prevents the spread of bacteria (and funky smells!)
- To clean, simply spray with a natural yoga mat cleaner and lay or hang flat to dry
- Cleaning recommended 1x weekly, more frequently with heated classes (this helps prevent body’s oils from building up and keeps the mat feeling fresh)
- With extensive use, surface cracking will occur — this is purely visual and doesn't affect the feel or durability of the mat
- This mat will decompose over (a long period of) time; to extend its life, avoid direct sunlight
- Cork and tree rubber are 100% biodegradable
- If and when you're ready to part with your mat, consider donation or drop it off at a recycling center
We love our products and think you will too! If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, return it for a full refund or exchange within 14 days. No questions asked.
Our products are 100% biodegradable and recyclable, including the packaging. No junk, no toxins, no synthetics, no plastic. From the earth to the earth. Learn how we pack.
I have been a strong supporter of shopping with small businesses who a focus on sustainability. However it took awhile to come across a company who produces a sustainable yoga mat that is of high quality. This mat is it!! The mat is sturdy and it does not slide around when doing yoga. The cork is very nice to the touch but does not loose grip when you get sweaty. 10/10 I can not recommend the mat enough! I'm very happy with my purchase!
My mat arrived super promptly and in great packaging. Quality is great and I’ve been loving it! Shop local and here!! :)
Great Customer Service. Bundles are the perfect gift. Everything was delivered on time. Will definitely order again. Thank you
Thank you John for your review!! So glad the bundle made a perfect gift!
This is just not at mat! This mat is literally like comparing a regular rug to a magic carpet! Absolutely amazing!
This review is everything!! Thank you Ian for your love. So happy the mat is a fit!
I’ve been practicing yoga for a about four years and have never splurged on a mat but after doing much research about environmentally friendly, vegan, and sustainable mats, this is the one I chose and am so happy with it! The company is also very helpful and communicates quickly!
Awesome quality and feel! Ksenia was responsive and friendly for all my questions. Got the mat the same day I received (from elsewhere) a pair of Jeans in a massive box with tons of bubble wrap:( I guess since fragile Jeans are:/ Great to see Ananday's dedication to sustainable production and packaging!:)
Thank you Chris!! Definitely no plastic packaging necessary (for yoga things or jeans..) So happy to have you practicing on our mat! Enjoy!
After hours of researching for a mat made from 100% natural materials that was also thick enough for my sensitive knees, I finally found Ananday! I appreciate the sustainable design and have found it to be the perfect amount of cushion for my practice. The design is beautifully minimalist. I hope to use it for years to come.
This made our day!! Thank you for your amazing review Olivia! Beyond happy that you found our sustainable mat and that it supports your practice and your knees! (sensitive knees here also :) Happy practicing! Xoxo
I bought my yoga mat a few weeks ago and I couldn’t be more happy with my purchase. The material has an excellent grip, it’s soft, welcoming, and the design is beautiful. My ananday mat has been a great companion during the weeks of quarantine, making me feel more connected and supported in my home practice. Oh and its 100% sustainable…what more can I ask.
I am extremely grateful for Ananday and their mission and intentions and integrity and the incredibleness of their Cork Mats! I’ve been wanting one for a few years since knowing of their existence and place in the world. Ksenia’s creation of this company is in alignment with the highest levels of integrity I desire to see in companies on Earth and I had been excited to support and enjoy their creations since learning of Ananday. And instantaneously, my review was: Heavenly Creation! And I immediately felt why my intuition had been wanting one for years. It offers several things. The two different natural sides, the cork and rubber, give two perfect options for practice. The cork feels so good. I use the mat to practice asana, to double up and meditate on, or to just lay down on. And to have an object, a useful tool, that was created honoring Mother Earth and our relationship to her, is just as special at the mat itself. Just having it in my house is something that adds good to my space and consciousness. There’s no other mat that I’d support anyone buying more than Ananday’s. Thank you Ksenia and Ananday family for your work in this world, as well as such beautiful products. They are full of human heart love. It’s clear. Peace everyone.
I love my mat. Working through the physical, emotional and spiritual experience this life has to offer in my yoga practice is a sacred thing to me- and while it doesn't matter what material things I have- this mat contributes positively to my journey. It is soft. It smells like trees. The knowledge that it is made with love and good intentions matters to me. Now that I've done the nuts and berries...lets get gritty: I SWEAT. ALOT. I have drenched this thing (bikram level drenched) countless times for the better part of six months and it ...doesn't smell. It...is like new. It is still soft and lovely and something I cherish. Unicorns exist in this cork mat. I hope you treat your self to one.